Friday, February 6, 2009

emerald

Joan Miro. He is defininately non-representational with his artwork. I love Miro because of the colors and images.



The Amazon River, Brasil. I think that pictures like this can be expressionism because when I see pictures  of the forest like this I want to do more to help the preservation and concern for the forest. This semester I am going to try to go to the forest as much as I can.



























I am a Geography major, so I think that maps can be one of the most beautiful things created. They are created as individuals to serve the purpose of each author. Maps are made for all different reasons and can make the reader see whatever it wants to. Maps have been influential throughout history. The style of this map is for directional purposes only, but my favorite style is in the shape of a heart.

3 comments:

Kimberlie said...

Hi Emerald,

I love your photo of the Amazon river! It is like a great snake... sooo beautiful! I too love geography and maps. I love to study maps of new places before going and then to see how the map turns into reality when I arrive.
Kimberlie

Anonymous said...

I really like the first photo you chose. It's so full of color and the images are interesting because they're so distorted it makes it look like a bunch of abstract objects.

Diana N said...

hi Emerald,
wow u must be a very green person! including your name Emerald :p, it's also my birthstone. I S2 your pic of the forest! it makes me want to visit myself. the 1st pic reminds me of an illustration at the Cantor Arts Museum, possibly the same artist? & i know what you mean about maps, i took cultural geography & it made me have a new appreciation :)